Child care will be available at cost according to the following schedule. Parents must remain in the hotel while children are in child care.
- Friday, May 26, from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm, Manhattan Room
- Saturday, May 27, from 8:30 am to 10:00 pm, Manhattan Room
- Sunday, May 28, from 8:30 am to 10:30 pm, Manhattan Room
Free events for children at or near the hotel will be provided either for supervised children or for children left in child care. These events include:
- Exploring the local territory - Rock Waterfall Fountains, etc.
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm, Saturday 11:00 am - 12:00 noon.
- Meteorite Hunt (similar to Easter Egg Hunt). Friday 3:00 pm - 3:30
pm, Saturday 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm, Sunday 9:00 am - 9:30 am.
- "Mystery on Mars" theater performance: First audition, Friday
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm; Second audition and first rehearsal, Saturday 9:00
am - 11:00 am; Second rehearsal, Saturday 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm; Third rehearsal,
Sunday 10:00 am - 11:30 am; Cast call, Sunday 4:30 pm; Performance,
Sunday 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm.
- Treasure Hunt, Saturday 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm.
- Pendulum Demonstration and Pit of Pendulums Game, Sunday, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Video Production Workshop, Sunday 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm.
- Science Contests in Empire Ballroom Foyer, Sunday 5:30 pm, Awards 6:00 pm
- ZIA, pro-space electronic pop music, Empire Ballroom Foyer, 6:15 pm - 7:00 pm
See also Bus Tours for several activities suitable for family members not attending the Conference sessions.
Look at our Events Timetable which lists all scheduled events and bus tours.
Registration for child care and specific events will be available in early 2000.